Register
Search
View: 2079|Reply: 3

[BUG] Game closes upon start [Copy this link to quote]

Mojo
Gold
Crystal
RCorr Post time: 2020-04-11 13:44:34 |Show all posts
For some unsual reason, the game will crash and exit  a few seconds after every time I hit start.
This doesn't happen if I go into another menu for a minute and then back to the main game
It does however make new accounts impossible, as the menus don't open.

Mojo
Gold
Crystal
Jonathan97202 Post time: 2020-04-12 01:17:01 |Show all posts
There was a problem with the update camel pushed a few days ago.  Here are some things that have worked for others.

Uninstall, clear cache, delete .camelgames folder, reinstall.
Another thing that seems to have worked is to try to go into each area as quickly as possible and do something, run a sweep, open a chest etc.  I have been told that after doing this a few times the game has fixed itself.

There is also this apk file floating around that some have used with no problems.  I personally haven't used this link or updated my game so I have no issues.

http://m.apkhere.com/app/com.camelgames.fantasyland
Character is doing the right thing, when no one is looking.

Use magic Report

Mojo
Gold
Crystal
RCorr Post time: 2020-04-12 03:22:44 |Show all posts
I've already mostly tried the four tech based solutions (except full clear cache, as Oreo is bugged). Unfortunately the problem appears more systemic. .Camelgames caught my eye, as it's not technically a valid folder. Also the files have no file extensions. Go figure.
Messing with the game menus sorta worked, but still only temporarily. Plus, in some cases the bug can re trigger off of certain actions, like winning a battle. And I'm not able to create a new account.
I download the apk, and after allowing installs from Chrome, it worked completely for me. Clearly the bug is with their new version.
It turned out I couldn't start a new account because the tutorial disables button presses in order to railroad you.
To postulate what the problem is, the game is probably trying to check some value that returns invalid every time it starts the game, but not the rest of the time. Likely an easy fix to identify, but unfortunately not one Camelgame will make.

Comments

Jonathan97202  I'm happy that the apk worked for you. Thank you for the other information you gathered as well.  Post time 2020-04-12 03:50:18
Have 1 people ratedGold Pack Reason
Jonathan97202 + 20

Total score: Gold + 20   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Mojo
Gold
Crystal
RCorr Post time: 2020-04-12 03:41:38 |Show all posts
Oh, and weirdly enough it fixed a bug where the item description box didn't expand to show the stats.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Mobile|Freemojo - Little Empire Forum   

2020-06-04 18:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.026626 sec., 7 queries

Little Empire Forum Powered by Discuz! X2

To Top